The Ultimate Cure For Cancer By Weise, Christian.

Spirituality is the ultimate cancer treatment 

I was in my early forties with a lot of life before me,
and a moment came that stopped me on a dime.
I spent most of the next days, looking at the x-rays.
Talkin' 'bout the options and talkin' 'bout sweet time.
I asked him when it sank in that this might really be the real end.
How's it hit you when you get that kind of news?
Man, what'd you do?" He said, “I went skydiving
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fumanchu.
(Tim McGraw, Live like You Were Dying)


When I learned about the cancer of a colleague I had worked with for a long time, I made it a point to visit him on my regular visits to Germany. We picked a restaurant in the center of Frankfurt and each time I visited, we had lunch there. Initially I wasn't quite sure what exactly my role was in this exchange. Could I be a healer, a helper, a psychologist? I told my friend about my moonlighting career as a spiritual writer and he was naturally interested to learn more about it given the seriousness of the disease.

There was something interesting about my friend; we worked in the same industry and had identical jobs. We were almost the age, he was born just a few weeks after me. We both  grew up in Germany, and we were both married with two children. When I met him what turned out to be the last time ever, I perceived anger in him. Was he angry at his fate? Was he blaming his stressful job for his disease? Caught in a situation like that, I would probably have had the same anger and fear inside of me.  I never had the chance to ask him though. He died a few months after that meeting.

Just because we are on a spiritual path we are hardly immune from this horrible disease. If anything, our awakening journey often kicks in because we have our fair share of inner conflicts and problems and one fine day start looking for a better way. As a matter of fact, some of our greatest and brightest in spirituality died from cancer and God only knows why. Still, while we are not immune from this disease, it is still a fact that spirituality is the ultimate cancer treatment. Like an autoimmune disease, it is the body attacking itself. We spiritual folks are on a mission of spotting these inner conflicts and tackling the inner pain body we have been carrying around. It can be a long process but a spiritual journey resolves inner conflicts and allows us to leave the pain of the past behind.

I remember someone asking Sadhguru why Sri Ramakrishna, the 19th century mystic of India, died of throat cancer when he was one of the most enlightened souls that ever walked the earth. He said that Sri Ramakrishna spent years abusing his body in the hunt for enlightenment so that when later his karma caught up with him he didn’t resist it. Someone else reading this note when I distributed it on FB argued that Sri Ramakrishna took on the karmas of others. We will never know. Fortunately it appeared that he didn’t suffer much; he just let the destructive programs of his body unfold without getting in the way.

Our body sometimes has a life of its own. What we can promise though, just like Louise Hay has outlined it in her book, ‘You can heal your life’, when we are given the chance to embark on an awakening journey, we can resolve the inner conflicts and are given the opportunities to dispose of the weight of the past.I was not in a position to help my friend but his death made me even more determined to open up to spirituality and to respect the work that our healers do in our spiritual community. I can honestly say that all of my inner conflicts and pain bodies are out in the open now, and the same thing couldn’t be said when I started this note years back.


Whether we are in perfect health or not, we should always appreciate Tim McGraw’s ‘Living like you were dying’ reminder to treasure any moment life has to offer. Treat yourself today! I am not sure that you have to climb a bull for 2.7 seconds, but perhaps you can express your love to the people who are so meaningful in your life. Maybe you can pay yourself a compliment, or treat yourself in a way you haven’t done in a long time. I have observed that life works hard in the background to launch us on a healing journey. Life is a beautiful present that we don’t appreciate enough. With Jewish New Year Resolutions around the corner, why don’t we a better job facing our spiritual homework while celebrating life’s presents despite the uphill climb. Be still for a moment and picture being with a loved one. Can you observe how your immune system is perking up immediately?

Cancer of the mind, be gone! Sooner or later, the body shall follow.

The Ultimate Cure For Cancer By Weise, Christian. The Ultimate Cure For Cancer By Weise, Christian. Reviewed by julie sasha on October 11, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.